Friday 13 July 2012

Twitter for Celebrities.

Now I'm sure this sort of thing has been said a million times before but I just want to get it off my chest.

I've recently become quite perplexed by 'Celebrities' Twitter habits.  I mean, why do they come on Twitter to talk to their Celeb friends??  Surely they could just text them.  I understand Celebrities who use Twitter to publicise their latest ventures and nothing else - that's fine.  However, why come on Twitter to ignore your fans and just chat to people you could surely phone/text?? Is it to show-off that you know this other celebrity??  I'm not naming names, but I'm sure people can name some straight away.  I don't mean that they should reply to every single one of their followers who tweets them, but surely they should use this tool to connect with their fans.  Of course there is the other possibility that they don't know the other people they're tweeting but because they're both famous they are instantly more important and deserve a reply, which is even more wrong.  I mean, I certainly don't spend most of my time tweeting with real-life friends - I know lots of people who refuse to tweet with people they know in real life.

There are plenty of great Celebrities out there who do reply and they should feel very pleased with themselves. 

Anyway, this is just a start of a post as my mind has gone blank about all the things I wanted to say, so how bout you get me thinking some more by posting your comments and opinions, what do you think?  Should certain celebrities pay more attention to their fans on Twitter and less time fawning over their Celeb mates or am I just being oversensitive??




2 comments:

  1. Just saw your rude tweet about Paul McCartney. The man is a fucking legend who has done more for his country in a year than you will accomplish in a lifetime. So please, just knock it off with your age-ist hate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be able to accept your post a bit more if you could express yourself without swearing. Also, would you care to point out which bit of the tweet was ageist??

    ReplyDelete